Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club - DOUBLE BILL: Mafia Definitive Edition / Banjo-Tooie (Sep)

Posts 3,601 to 3,620 of 3,635

Pastellioli

Hm, I am not really surprised the voting didn’t really budge. It does seem like we’ll be doing a double bill! I’ll have an excuse to play my Xbox more now.

A run-of-the-mill gamer that loves retro games, squirrels, and sleep.

“Oh no! The two words I hate the most are effort and hard work!” - Joseph Joestar, 1938

Currently playing: Hatsune Miku: Colorful Stage! (Mobile) and Banjo-Tooie (Xbox)

Xbox Gamertag: VividSkies1778

NintendoByNature

I was going to toss a vote for mafia, but it wouldn't do any good since it'd be part of the double bill. Might as well hold my vote so those who want to play mafia can, and those who want to pay tooie can. I'll give both a try next month I suppose although I really didn't like BK.

NintendoByNature

Balta666

September raises the Nostalgia with an uncommon double feature of remaster/remake of early 2000 classics! Welcome to the club Banjo-Tooie and Mafia definitive edition

Rare's game is both available as backwards compatible from the 360 and as part of rare replay (both on GP) but not sure if it has any difference between them (or you can dust of your N64). As for Mafia, the remake, is available in most of the current platforms or you could go back to original Xbox (for a not so great version) or the excellent, if a bit dated, 2002 PC one.

Please use spoiler tags when discussing spoilerish moments of the game. You do so by typing your spoiler between spoiler tags like this: [spoiler]insert message here[ /spoiler] and removing the space between [ and /

Some HLTB Stats:

Banjo-Tooie

Main Story - 17 Hours
Main + Extras - 23 Hours
Completionist - 24 Hours

Mafia

Main Story - 10.5 Hours
Main + Extras - 13 Hours
Completionist - 25 Hours

Tag list, please tag me and let me know if you want to be added or removed. I think I've picked up everyone who joined this month but please just post and tag me @Balta666 to let me know if I've missed you or if you want to join!
Also please let me know if you change your username, I might not notice and you won't get the notification (equally let me know if you have changed your username to get away from the notifications and I will delete you off the tag list 😆)

@Tothington91 @MAC26 @vidjagames @Justifier @Tjuz @nessisonett @crippyd @Krzzystuff @sib @LeanerFasterStronger @cracked_seal @Mr-Fuggles777 @Mundaney @KilloWertz @antifyre @Magabro @themightyant @ZeD @K1LLEGAL @Balta666 @Bmartin001 @R1spam @lookupmore @Lavalera @frabbit @FraserG @WCB @TooBarFoo @SeriousSatan @xMightyMatt14x @BaldBelper78 @TuckNorris85 @Grail_Quest @Jsb5150 @Mamabear @liljazzy2 @Dydreamr @XFinest_KnightX @Elufachi @Amical @Supermutant @revluke @Akropolon @olskoolSEGA @HarmanSmith @Dr_Devious04 @EliteSlayer @GamingFan4Lyf @Pepa27 @MaxC @NintendoByNature @ralphdibny @Captain_Chozo @HelloCraig @BlackMayge @kyleforrester87 @RDDMarston @Utena-mobile @oliverp @OldManLopan @jedinite @Bnasty0303 @AgentCooper @Angelus74 @Pastellioli @DoomGuy_117 @Ricky-Spanish @Yousef- @RBRTMNZ @BaldBelper78 @MjJmediablogger

Ok so now, votes for next month.

• Tag me in a post with your vote(s). (Just hit reply on one of my posts or write @Balta666)
  • Write your votes in bold (put the text in between asterisks) and try and keep it separate from any paragraphs.
  • One line will do, "My vote is such and such a game(s)"
  • Feel free to make the post longer but try and keep the actual vote separate from the main body of the text and at the top of the post next to my tag @Balta666
  • Vote for as many games as you like!
    The votes reset every month and start from Zero. Feel free to suggest new games and I will add them to the list and count your vote toward it!

American McGee's Alice -
Contrast -
Gears of War 2 -
Genesis Noir -
Ghost wire: Tokyo -
Halo 2 - 1 (Pst)
Inkulinati -
Inside -
Jusant -
Perfect Dark Zero -
Planet of Lana -
Remnant 2 -
Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2 -
Steamworld build -
The Evil Within 2 -
The Lords of the Fallen -
The Quarry -
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition -
Unravel -
We Happy Few -

If you have another game you'd like added to the list then let me know and I will add it with a vote from you!

For other tips on formatting texts in the forum's see the link below:
https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/help/tips_for_formatting_...

-- —

I will link to this post in my signature so you can just click on my signature down below to get back to this post and see the list of games and current votes!

[Edited by Balta666]

MjJmediablogger

Mafia is superb! Absolutely superb. Love the story, the acting, the overall feel.

BaldB3lper78

oliverp

@Balta666 Not sure if someone is going to manage to play and beat two games man that seems a bit to much to ask imo. Iam btw managed to beat one games we had earlier the games a club a few weeks ago. Planing to publish the review of it soon. So yeah even if I have not been active in teared I have kept an eye on discussion without wanting to infer to much with my own thoughts which like have been general thing for me as of late..

[Edited by oliverp]

oliverp

Balta666

Like I said Mafia is one of my favourite games of all time and I have played many times to (including getting all special cars in freeride mode) and I own the definitive edition on Xbox. Because of it and also because I will be say on holidays for a couple of weeks I will be skipping it and focusing on Tooie.

I have also finish this one in the past, although only a single time. This morning I have played the beggining including the first stage and unlocked stages 2 and 3.

[Edited by Balta666]

oliverp

@Balta666 Ok now I see. Did not wanted to be rude or anything just that I thought that there was an expectation to play both games this month if you wanted to be part of the club.

[Edited by oliverp]

oliverp

Pastellioli

Yay! Haven’t played Banjo-Tooie in a while. I’ll start later today!

A run-of-the-mill gamer that loves retro games, squirrels, and sleep.

“Oh no! The two words I hate the most are effort and hard work!” - Joseph Joestar, 1938

Currently playing: Hatsune Miku: Colorful Stage! (Mobile) and Banjo-Tooie (Xbox)

Xbox Gamertag: VividSkies1778

ralphdibny

Lol, our last double bill involved Banjo Kazooie

See ya!

themightyant

I want to play both of these, but don't think I have time this month. Banjo Tooie I started about 5 years ago, went on holiday, and got completely lost when I came back. Mafia i've always wanted to play. Will see what I can do.

themightyant

Balta666

Let's discuss a bit of Mafia. The first thing to have in mind is that it should not be compared with GTA as the world does not have much to do apart from the missions itself and it works much more like L.A Noire going for the story.

The story is about a guy telling his story about getting in a Mafia family as it tries to get out of it and it goes from the point where he is a taxi driver that gets mixed in it by pure chance but by the end is a killing machine.

It is all passed during the American great depression and the looks of the city and country-side, the music and the people are all top notch.

Like I said previously I played the OG many times and the definitive edition once. While in general I prefer the story, and specially the personalities of the OG characters (although a bit flat at times), the definitive edition gives you more context (really well done regarding Sarah in particular).

The combat is much more straightforward in the remake with a typical cover shooting third person action game but it ends feeling a bit generic. The OG is absolutely brutal as you don't recover health and have very limited health packs throughout the levels,which you need to take on the spot (exactly like Max Payne), the enemies are relentless and do not show on your Minimap, there are few checkpoints (your health stays btw them) and overall you need to memorize it before being successful.

But in the end and a lot by nostalgia it is still my "definitive" version and I suggest anyone that can to give it a chance as it is a 10/10 game imo (on PC only!!)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic