Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club - DOUBLE BILL: Mafia Definitive Edition / Banjo-Tooie (Sep)

Posts 3,621 to 3,636 of 3,636

MjJmediablogger

Superb game and I gave it as a 10/10 as well. Great atmosphere and story. A lot of fun and really captivating.

BaldB3lper78

Pastellioli

Gonna start Banjo-Tooie now. Took me a week to get to it. I was drawing, watching anime and falling asleep with my phone in hand these last few days lol. Have to play with my bad controller for now cuz my good one is low on batteries

[Edited by Pastellioli]

A run-of-the-mill gamer that loves retro games, squirrels, and sleep.

“Oh no! The two words I hate the most are effort and hard work!” - Joseph Joestar, 1938

Currently playing: Hatsune Miku: Colorful Stage! (Mobile) and Banjo-Tooie (Xbox)

Xbox Gamertag: VividSkies1778

MsJubilee

Just finished Mafia 1 again on Xbox Series X. Superb game. Hanger 13 proved themselves with this remake. But not everything is perfect though. There were some minor bugs and glitches. Also, the enemy's AI needed work.

I can't wait for Old Country. Hopefully, we get a Sal Marcano prequel in the future. You do see a younger him and Lou in the collectible Cigar cards scattered around the missions. They look like legit mobsters.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Still Wakes The Deep, Black Ops 2, and Dead Island 2.

Xbox Gamertag: Cherry5268

Pastellioli

Still on the first level with 4 jigsaws and 80 music notes. I forgot a lot about what I’m supposed to do since it’s been nearly two years ever since I played it. I’ll revisit it tomorrow and I’ll probably use playthroughs for it. The part where you need to quietly get the jigsaw from the sleeping snake is annoying as heck though.

[Edited by Pastellioli]

“Oh no! The two words I hate the most are effort and hard work!” - Joseph Joestar, 1938

Currently playing: Hatsune Miku: Colorful Stage! (Mobile) and Banjo-Tooie (Xbox)

Balta666

I did not give a fair shake to BK a few months ago as I was busy and although not one of my favorites it is a good game for sure.

Unfortunately I cannot say the same about its sequel, now that I have finished (and about halfway through when I was in the water level I was certain I was not going too).

Banjo-Tooie relies way too much on shooting mechanics (with N64 controls which everyone knows could not have age older), all levels end up feeling samey because the structure is always similar with shaman, witch, train station, etc..

But above all it suffers from the fact it is obtuse. In the second half of the game I would be 2h exploring while only managing to get 2 or 3 (of the 10) jiggies in a level. Twice in my playthrough I had to just put on a walkthrough and clean jiggies from previous levels in order to be able to progress. Also there is a button mashing minigame that I could not complete because it was so long that I would get tired so I guess I was supposed to have a turbo function...

I ended the game with the minimum requirement of 70/100 and I will never go back for more.

Pastellioli

@Balta666 Oh gosh, the button mashing mini game is the worst part of it, the one at the end is the worst. I was up to playing Banjo-Tooie, but I don’t feel like it now that I remember the game ticked me off several times on my first playthrough with so many difficult minigames, and only finishing with 89 out of 90 jigsaws from that stupid mashing game bothered me a lot. I did like it, but it’s too frustrating at times and is way too difficult at points.

themightyant

@Yousef- That was the winning tactic in International Track and Field back in the day, that or a biro, but that was a banned substance.

Which reminds me I remember walking into a room and finding 4 guys with their shirts off, wrapped round their fingers and furiously beating the buttons on their controller at groin level while trying to beat the 100m record. It was a sight I cannot forget to this day. lol

themightyant

Pastellioli

@Yousef- Haven’t heard of that. I’ll probably try to see if I can do it. I remember wanting to get a turbo controller when I couldn’t complete it, but a lot of the listings never mentioned Series X or S functionality and they had mediocre reviews. I think a tip without using a controller or towel is to lag behind during most of the race, and then gain momentum right at the end. I didn’t try to complete it out of frustration and to not feed into my obsessiveness with everything.

ralphdibny

@themightyant haha Christ, that's been seared into my retinas and I didn't even see it first hand.

I actually bought some finger bandages from Boots when I first got my PS4 and was getting into gaming after a long hiatus. I put em over my thumb to do directional inputs in Mortal Kombat XL

[Edited by ralphdibny]

See ya!

themightyant

@ralphdibny Sorry (not sorry)

Yes I also had to protect my fingers, but it was for Street Fighter 2 on the SNES. Played it so much I had blisters and then still kept playing. The things we do for this hobby we love. lol

@Balta666 I REALLY want to play Mafia, I just simply don't have time this month. I'll get to it eventually, but shame not to be playing in sync.

themightyant

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic