Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club - The Evil Within 2 ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ๐Ÿšง (Oct)

Posts 3,501 to 3,520 of 3,663

themightyant

@Balta666 I didn't really find it scary at all - and I don't like horror - though there are a couple of moments that got my pulse elevated, these are few and far between.

themightyant

oliverp

So while I dont want to give any promises, but given that Still Wakes the Deep seems to be quite a short game I might be able to play it this month.

oliverp

ZeD

I finished this the other week. I really enjoyed the setting and it looked and sounded amazing. It was a great game to test my new TV and sound bar with ๐Ÿ˜‚

For me, It had a similar story path as their other game, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. You learnt about your character and the environment as you progressed, coming to your own conclusions as you go.

ZeD

Xbox Gamertag: KratosRises3468 | Twitter:

Bob_Salat

@themightyant Agreed, I hate to use modern parlance in this context, but there is definitely a vibe you have to tap into and I can imagine if you canโ€™t you end up with cries of boring and the like. I would love them to move away from horror again or at least be horror adjacent. Need to check out Little Orpheus, I had forgotten about that one.

[Edited by Bob_Salat]

โ€ฆ

ZeD

@Balta666 how far in did you get? It gets really stressful when things go quite wrong and you are navigating the under side of the oil rig! ๐Ÿ˜‚

ZeD

Xbox Gamertag: KratosRises3468 | Twitter:

MjJmediablogger

Please do add me in. I was here before but am now back!

BaldB3lper78

themightyant

Played a little more and still love the characters and the setting, it's just the gameplay which is very average and lets the game down. Even before my first encounter I noticed a locker with press X to hide which gave you an idea of what was to come, but in reality I never needed to even use a locker to hide, the enemy is AI is both simplistic and irritating. It feels like one of those games where i'd almost rather they just committed to it being a walking sim than having the not so good gameplay. It lets the whole package down.

themightyant

NintendoByNature

Played about an hour today. Not bad. I pretty much second most of what's said here, both good and bad. I'll carry on tomorrow and see where it takes me. One thing I do love is the vibe. Reminds me of classic 70s/80s horror films like "The Thing." So needless to say, I'm really intrigued thus far.

NintendoByNature

Bob_Salat

@themightyant My expectations were in check so the rudimentary gameplay didnโ€™t bother me as it seemed to service the story and atmosphere, which is the main attraction here, and is way more interactive than say โ€ฆRapture or Dear Esther which was quite refreshing. I would have definitely been happy with a straight up walking sim though.

โ€ฆ

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic