Forums

Topic: Now Playing on Xbox Series X|S

Posts 541 to 560 of 664

DannyBoi

I'm new here(I have actually been on nintendo life for about 6 years, used the same account to get on here). Id like to ask a question. I have had a series s for a year now with a Samsung HD ready TV from about 2006.(Long story regarding the tv🤣🤣🤣). When I check the resolution via the TV settings it says 1280x720. Is that 720p or 720i? And the display looks pixelated and blurry with washed out colours. How would I fix that or reduce it?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

TheBigBlue

I’ve been replaying lots of games I have on series S from when I owned a ps3 such as Marvel Vs Capcom 3, and some classics that I never played before such as Halo CE Anniversary, the Arkham games and Metal Gear Rising

“FALCOOOOOOOOOON PUNCH”
-Solid Snake

NintendoByNature

I've finally started Robocop Rogue City. Only 30 minutes in and I can't wait to get back to it. Had to put it down for dinner and other stuff. I'll play again tonight.

NintendoByNature

Dimey

Alan Wake remastered for me. Into the second chapter, but still hasn't really grabbed me. I'd have probably dropped it if it wasn't for wanting to finish it before playing Control and Alan Wake 2!!

Dimey

NintendoByNature

@Balta666 I adore it. Playing on switch though. I absolutely love that once you die at a boss fight, you can jump right back in. The game is tough, but nothing I can't handle. Even if it gets too hard, you can taper the difficulty to your liking. Couple that with the ability to take screenshots in game at specific locations as well as place markers wherever you want to not forget areas, this game is near perfection. And I haven't even touched on the combat and platforming. Awesome game, right up there with dread so far.

NintendoByNature

Balta666

@NintendoByNature I tend to prefer metroidvania's with gun combat (not the biggest fan of the Castlevania ones) but in this game you are so agile that I'd doesn't bother me and the boss fights are just the exact type of difficulty I like in that they are challenging but not taking me more than a few tries after you get the timing right. Also the length is looking to be just perfect (I found Dread like many other Metroid way too short which was understandable in the 90's but not anymore)

Balta666

I have always passed on hellblade because I don't like horror but the latest shown on the sequel made me at least give it a try. I knew that headphones is a must (and also that the consequences are not true) and to help I turned some light on in the room and brightness all the way to max (strangely enough you cannot tweak after the fact unless you delete everything including your cloud save) So I can avoid darkness, tbf putting a few notches brighter from the recommended is something I do for every game. I left combat in auto as it was the default option but I am not sure how does it work. I have completed the first two chapters and have not died yet (apart from falling from a ledge but I don't think that counts anyways. I am enjoying it

BeyondKnight

Tried Redfall, couldn't get into it the game controls felt tank like imo

Xbox Gamer Tag: RipperKnight

dmcc0

Started Gears of War : Ultimate Edition the other night. It's my first experience of a Gears game and it's pretty much as I expected thus far (not a bad thing). Gameplay feels a little dated compared to more modern stuff, but it's a lot of fun and the weapons have a good 'feel' to them. I'm only a few stages into the first Act, so still just starting out, but so far so good.

dmcc0

nomither6

i recently was able to get an hdmi converter for my 360 so that i can finally play on my monitor; so now i’ll be replaying gears of war 1 & 2, and midnight club LA . i’m genuinely shocked at how good these games look on my monitor. 7th gen was so good! they don’t make games like they used to!

nomither6

TheBigBlue

I’ve spent 12 hours over the course of two and a half days playing Persona 3 Reload off of gamepass. Probably my most anticipated game. I played through Persona 3 Portable as well as 4 and 5 the last few months, so it’s nice to notice all the improvements this game has over the original P3 games. It’s a great game, highly recommend even just playing it for a bit to see if you like it or not

“FALCOOOOOOOOOON PUNCH”
-Solid Snake

Dimey

been playing the campaign for COD advanced warfare. It's absolutely stellar, really interesting plot and some great locations, but stalled about two thirds of the way through as tendonitis flared up in my wrist again so no gaming for a bit

Dimey

JohnLNine

Currently finishing a run through Dead Rising 3, what a great time. Think it might be my favourite one.

Been watching the season pass for the extra campaigns for a while but not seen a price drop, might just have to take the plunge whilst I'm hungry for them...

Add me so I can pretend I have friends!

Xbox Gamertag: JohnLNine

Balta666

@TheBigBlue to my surprise I got totally addicted to P3R! My first entry was P5R on gamepass which I finish with 105h of play and I kind felt burnout to the series by the end, later I tried both P3P and P4G but I felt they lacked quality of life features on top of the randomized dungeons (which I couldn't be farther from not a fan) and I dropped both after a few hours.
Because of that I was going to skip this but as I was bored during the weekend I decided to give it a go and I can say all the QoL added made a huge difference and now I have put almost 20h into it...

TheBigBlue

@Balta666 I played p3p and P4G before I tackled p5r because I was told playing the older games after p5 will make you appreciate them less because they have much more dated mechanics in comparison. So I played through P3P, P4G and P5R in order, and it made me appreciate the first two much more!

And yeah, P3R is super addictive. I already know the entire storyline and social links, yet I can’t put this game down, it’s that good!

“FALCOOOOOOOOOON PUNCH”
-Solid Snake

Tasuki

Started up Yakuza Like a Dragon last night on the Series X. Made it through the prologue if you want to call it that. So far enjoying the story and the updated RPG battle mechanics are better then I thought they would be. Going from an action type system to the RPG I didn't know what to think before I played it and was kinda worried it would mess with the flow of the game.

Can't wait to jump back into it tonight after work.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic