Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club - The Evil Within 2 🍊🕹ī¸đŸš§ (Oct)

Posts 2,761 to 2,780 of 3,672

Utena-mobile

There! Spoiler protected! lol.

So, overall, I liked the game. The music is great, and the gameplay was fun and very shootey. It didn't feel too short or too long. But I wish that we got a full, actual story, because there's a lot that's really great, like the world building, the kind of corporation dystopian setting, AI, clones, drones, hacking, etc. But at the same time it doesn't feel like other cyberpunk stories. It's closer to like cold war stuff than it is Bladerunner or Cyberpunk2077.

Also, this is kind of a weird thing, and I bet most guys wouldn't care, but I love that Joanna changes her clothes and uniform depending on the mission. Everything from combat stealth suits to dresses. I can always appreciate a good fashion sense. Although I spent way too much time trying to figure out how her standard Carrington Suit zips up. I think from the front, and under her lapel, but I'm still confused. lol

But yeah! This was a lot of fun! I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did (or more!).

Utena-mobile

ralphdibny

Ori and the Will of the Wisps is our game for August.

We played Blind Forest a couple years ago and it was a wicked game, an incredibly accessible Metroidvania that falls more heavily into the platformer genre. I'm hoping Will of the Wisps builds on that!

Bit of a weird one this month as I will be passing on most of the admin duties to @balta666 so all posts regarding next month's game and your votes/suggestions should be directed toward them with the tag @balta666

I'll still be around to participate and also I'll still be changing the thread title and updating the list of games we've played that's located in Post #1 of this thread.

Just Wana say thank you to all who have participated over these last few years. You've all made it worth doing and I am extraordinarily proud of all of you and what we created here on Pure Xbox. You are an amazing community. Thank you all!

Please use spoiler tags when discussing spoilerish moments of the game. You do so by typing your spoiler between spoiler tags like this: [spoiler]insert message here[ /spoiler] and removing the space between [ and /

Some HLTB Stats:

Main Story - 12 Hours
Main + Extras - 15ÂŊ Hours
Completionist - 18 Hours

Tag list, please tag me and let @balta666 know if you want to be added or removed.

Also please let @balta666 know if you change your username, I might not notice and you won't get the notification (equally let them know if you have changed your username to get away from the notifications and they will delete you off the tag list 😆)

@Tothington91 @MAC26 @XBontendo @Justifier @Tjuz @nessisonett @crippyd @Krzzystuff @sib @LeanerFasterStronger @cracked_seal @Mr-Fuggles777 @Mundaney @KilloWertz @antifyre @RazputinAquato @themightyant @ZeD @K1LLEGAL @Balta666 @Bmartin001 @R1spam @lookupmore @Lavalera @frabbit @FraserG @WCB @TooBarFoo @SeriousSatan @xMightyMatt14x @BaldBelper78 @TuckNorris85 @Grail_Quest @Jsb5150 @Mamabear @liljazzy2 @Dydreamr @XFinest_KnightX @Elufachi @Amical @Supermutant @revluke @Akropolon @olskoolSEGA @HarmanSmith @Dr_Devious04 @EliteSlayer @GamingFan4Lyf @Pepa27 @MaxC @NintendoByNature @ralphdibny @Captain_Chozo @HelloCraig @BlackMayge @AgentCooper @kyleforrester87 @RDDMarston @Utena-mobile

Ok so now, votes for next month.

• Tag @balta666 in a post with your vote(s). (Just hit reply on one of their posts or write @balta666)
  • Write your votes in bold (put two asterisks around it) and try and keep it separate from any paragraphs.
  • One line will do, "My vote is such and such a game(s)"
  • Feel free to make the post longer but try and keep the actual vote separate from the main body of the text and at the top of the post next to the tag @balta666
  • Vote for as many games as you like!

The votes reset every month and start from Zero. Feel free to suggest new games and @balta666 will add them to the list and count your vote toward it!

I've refreshed the list a little bit this month...

List has moved into Post 2766

If you have another game you'd like added to the list then let @balta666 know and they will add it with a vote from you!

[Edited by ralphdibny]

See ya!

Balta666

As per @ralphdibny monthly update this post is where we will have the updated list of votes for this month. From next month forward I will add the more common post with all information.

Games for September's PXGC:

Amnesia Collection -
As Dusk Falls -
Broken Age -
Dordogne - 1 (R1s)
Cassette Beasts -
Coffee Talk/Coffee Talk Ep 2 -
Contrast -
Fe -
Fuga: Melodies of Steel - 1 (Blt)
Genesis Noir - 1 (Blt)
Hypnospace Outlaw -
Maquette -
Max: The Curse of the Brotherhood -
McPixel 3 -
Metal Hellsinger -
Planet of Lana - 1 (R1s)
Quake -
Screamride -
Slayers X: Terminal Aftermath - 1 (Rdb)
Sunset Overdrive - 2 (Blt, G4l)
Tunic -
Unravel -

[Edited by Balta666]

ralphdibny

@Balta666 also, I'll stick in a vote for Slayers X

Moving this all down into this post so I can delete my last two posts (so your list is closer to my monthly post so it's easier for you to find and administrate)

If you Wana link to the post in your forum signature, this is how (on mobile)

Click the 3 lines on the top left of this page (where your notifications number is)

Scroll down past the notifications to "Your Account" and click

Click Profile/Settings

Scroll down to forum signature

Copy and paste the following into that box: (remove the space in the final URL tag)

[url=https://www.purexbox.com/forums/xbox-series-x/pure_xbox_game_club_resident_evil_7_december?start=2760#reply-2764]Click here for this month's PX game club and the list of games to vote on for next month![/url ]

Leave the link itself alone but if you want to write something else between the tags then by all means, do so.

Click save

-

Then every month when you do the new post for this thread, if you long press the little grey number on the top right of that post.

Press "Copy link address" (not copy link text!)

Then go into your account settings in the way I described above and highlight the actual URL and click paste. It should replace the old URL with the new URL

Click save and test it by clicking your Sig on a completely different forum post 👍

[Edited by ralphdibny]

See ya!

Balta666

As I have mentioned earlier in the month Ori and the Will of the Wisps was one of the first games I played when I subscribed to GP (at the time on PC). I had played the first game on Switch and as big fan of metroidvanias I was a bit disappointed with it for three reasons:

• first because I never felt lost and that is something I really like in the genre
  • secondly, and a bit absurd I know, I felt the artstyle a bit "too much and distracting"
  • Lastly because I did not like the combat

Reason why I did not jump on the sequel on Switch.
However I found this game much better in every aspect. Not that I felt lost per se but as it has plenty of side quests I felt more engaged, the combat is improved with a robust skill tree options and maybe because I was playing on a more powerful system I found the artstyle worked way better.
I am still not sure I will launch it again this month but as I am missing almost half of the achievement maybe I Will!

[Edited by Balta666]

GamingFan4Lyf

@Balta666 Would Starfield be out of the running for September because it doesn't come out until the 6th?

I mean, because let's be honest, unless Starfield is a steaming heap of garbage, I just don't see Xbox gamers not playing Starfield in September. đŸ¤Ŗ

If it is out of the running, I second Sunset Overdrive

My Nintendo: Daemonrunner
PlayStation Network: Bioflare
Steam: Bioflare

Xbox Gamertag: Bioflare

NintendoByNature

I think one of the rules is run time, and I have a feeling that'll be a 100hr game

NintendoByNature

GamingFan4Lyf

@NintendoByNature Ah, makes sense. Yeah tough to gauge. I mean Skyrim can be played for hundreds of hours....or like 20 if you only focus on main story rather than live in it.

Balta666

@GamingFan4Lyf @NintendoByNature all games are aloud but we tend to avoid longer games to try that as many people as possible can finish within the month time. I feel is a better choice to choose a short game that we can play alongside starfield (I for sure I am going to play it on release)

But let me know if you want to stick a vote on it regardless.

[Edited by Balta666]

NintendoByNature

@GamingFan4Lyf yea who knows what a playthrough will look like. I can only assume it'll be giant based on what we've seen.
@balta666 I'll be playing it as well. Along with sea of stars. Just not sure if it'll be on gamepass or switch. Probably GP though.

Separately, I've started Ori since I hopped off Elden Ring. I'm sorry if it jives with you guys, but I just can't get on with it anymore.

NintendoByNature

GamingFan4Lyf

@Balta666 I am all for Sunset Overdrive

I started it and never finished it, so it will give me incentive to go back. I will say, it's an unrated title. I mean it is Insomniac after all.

To Sony's benefit, the technology and lessons learned from Sunset Overdrive led to the development of Spider-Man.

[Edited by GamingFan4Lyf]

ralphdibny

I agree with peeps regarding Starfield being too long. I think it's almost certainly a given that will be the case.

Normally I'd leave it up to the vote which normally weeds out long games but I suspect Starfield would actually get voted for and wouldn't actually get finished by many within the month. I recommend not having it be an option.

Also with regards to new games, while we have played a few, I think they are better served by their own threads on this forum because I imagine most people will be playing them anyway without the need for it to be a Game Club choice. It might mean a quiet month for the Game Club because people are playing elsewhere but the new releases will be better served with their own thread and the GC can continue to highlight other releases.

I'd probably have a few exceptions to the "new game aversion" recommendation, like if it's a sequel to a game we've played in the GC like Psychonauts 2 or A Plague Tale 2. Of course, all of that isn't set stone so I would have left new games up to the vote but seeing as I am no longer administrating this thread, I can be less impartial with my opinion 😅. (Had to remain impartial as administrator so this didn't turn into a dictatorship lol)

See ya!

R1spam

Just my thoughts, if you were to pick Starfield then you couldn't expect people to finish it. I think the only way you could do that would be for gameclub to be your first 15 or 20 hrs and to share your experiences with it. It's likely to be hugely non-linear but maybe we could ask FraserG to ask who reviewed it for purexbox to suggest a broad area of the map to head in? If not viable, i would vote @Balta666 for Dordogne or planet of lana, which have both passed me by. I don't have any issue with recent releases, i think it helps attract people to this thread. I did boot up perfect dark but like goldeneye, I found it pretty difficult to go back to many games of that era without any nostalgia (and in goldeneye's case, even with a big dose of nostalgia đŸ¤Ŗ). When they make a new one, I'll try it out.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic