Forums

Topic: Now Playing on Xbox Series X|S

Posts 661 to 664 of 664

Banjo-

@Yousef- I will play that some day, but I stuck with Skyrim (Series X), my first The Elder Scrolls game, and I'm really enjoying my time with it, in spite of that nearly impossible to get out load-die-load cycle.

It was eventually satisfying when my level 1 unarmed character managed to escape a crowd of killer guards somehow and three days later he was able to pay a fine and escape death and prison after attempting to be a picklock as the game apparently suggested me to be. Now I'm at level 25. Another thing I won't forget was collecting everything I found as most games encourage you to do until I was not able to walk. The Elder Scrolls is a combination of simulation and RPG and that's what makes it so special.

Skyrim means that Breath of the Wild/Tears of the Kingdom make an even worse impression, because I see how Nintendo used so many ideas from this and other games like Assassin's Creed and Monster Hunter, but in their own superficially casual style. Yes, I've never really liked the last two Zelda games. I've been coherent. These days, they are busier suing fans and independent developers that use their ideas.

I was hoping for Skyrim The Unglitched Edition to be included in the Special Edition, but to be fair all the quest bugs I feared when skimming comments have been fixed. There are tons of graphical glitches and dialogue overlap constantly. There are stupid situations like having your sword drawn because you just saved the villagers and the guards from bandits and one second later the guards tell you they don't trust a man with weapons ready in hand.... Or you help a NPC and she is so thankful and one second later she is angry because her standard dialogue kicks in. Another odd situation: you run near some characters and one says, "I don't have time to talk with you now. I'm busy." But hey, all dialogues are voiced and sound good.

Overall, the depth is incredible, the world is full of life and the RPG mechanics are plentiful, so it's impossible to get bored. The quests and voice acting are good. The soundtrack and the remastered graphics are wonderful. I think that I will play Oblivion, but not sure about Morrowind... @NEStalgia ? because it has ancient game mechanics I'm not sure I have the patience for.

Now, I'm even more excited about the expansions of Starfield and of course, the Elder Scrolls VI, when it arrives in 2034... 😂 If they learn from their mistakes and use updated technology, that game has the potential to become one of the most important games in history.

[Edited by Banjo-]

Banjo-

NEStalgia

@Banjo- Yeah Morrowind on console looks and feels ancient. Oblivion is nice, it looks like the PC version did back when I played it at launch. Morrowind definitely feels it's age. Someone here recently pointed me to the PC version for vr though and it has enough mods to make it look good from what I've seen, but I did try the console version and noped out. Shame though if you can get past the age I'd an amazing game in a one of a kind world.

I still have to get deeper into Skyrim. I intend to mod it to heck for pcvr until it brings 4090 to a halt (which is easy to do with over 100 mods running in 8k )

NEStalgia

DEATH2SONY

I do others, but strategy is my favorite by far.

Series-I finished Iron Harvest...beware of an unsatisfying ending 😂. Doesn't take away from the game, it was a blast. Especially the finale of the Usonian (United States) campaign. They literally throw 1000 units at you 😂. Not difficult it's FUN, because you're in a perfectly baracaded area, just shooting units down with your aircraft and mechs!

On "Classified France '44" now. The most important man in the game is the scout that tosses a pebble that distracts the Germans 😂. They turn towards the noise, allowing you to sneak past their site area, or stealth kill. It's Xcom in a WWII skin.

Non-strategy like Tekken 8 or Armored Core 6 for a break. Jurassic World Evolution 2 is a fun side game of park building/zoo sim

Switch-Super Monkey Ball: Banana Rumble, Company of Heroes (surprisingly good looking for a Switch game, war cutscenes), Daemon X Machina, an Armored Core clone, Advance Wars 1+2, Metroid Prime Remastered.

Series: Classified France '44, Armored Core 6, Tekken 8, Company of Heroes 3, Age of Wonders: Planetfall, Jurassic World Evolution 2, Iron Harvest, etc. Switch: Company of Heroes Complete, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Monkeyball Banana Rumble, Advance Wars 1+2, Metroid Prime R, etc

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic