Forums

Topic: General Xbox Series X|S Thread

Posts 1,501 to 1,516 of 1,516

Yousef-

Enjoying my xbox so much right now. I should install some games I have not played in a long time. Thinking I should finally take the plunge and finish FFXIII.

Steam Friend Code: 1176431257

Switch friend code: SW-7391-1388-5607

Xbox Gamertag: ForgetMeNot3495

If you send me a friend request via my GT, please message me via the Xbox Messenger otherwise I will not see your friend request.

Current Switch Game Count: 23

Pastellioli

@Yousef- Glad to hear you’re enjoying it! I haven’t really played Final Fantasy, but I did hear @Banjo- say XIII was a pretty good game and he was playing it recently. On an unrelated note, I’m waiting for him to come back to these threads so I can talk about my experience with Perfect Dark with him, because he did want to know what I thought of the game once I finished it and having discussions with him is so fun!

Edited on by Pastellioli

Banjo is the best! I love 90s-00s games a ton.

Currently playing: Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Playing soon: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Xbox Gamertag: VividSkies1778

Yousef-

@Pastellioli he did show up in the country music thread and I chatted with him on the Xbox messaging app yesterday so it’s probably a matter of time.

Oh yeah I gotta play lost odyssey as well.

If you send me a friend request via my GT, please message me via the Xbox Messenger otherwise I will not see your friend request.

Banjo-

@Yousef That will be interesting. Donkey Kong 64 tested my patience on my way to 100% (101%). @Pastellioli I have the Wii U version of Donkey Kong 64, but I know that Retroarch/Mupen64Plus-Next is a good N64 emulator, if you have access to that. I'm going to check the other thread and read your opinion about Perfect Dark right away!

Banjo-

Pastellioli

@Banjo- Hello again! I have another emulator on my phone since I don’t have a PC, but the emulation on some N64 games with the emulator I am using is iffy. Diddy Kong Racing works well on it, but another N64 game on I tested on the phone emulator plays bad, not to mention the graphics sometimes look broken and are super black since it’s the wrong technology I am using. I am hoping Donkey Kong 64 works well on it… if not, I’ll be out of luck.

Edited on by Pastellioli

Banjo-

@Pastellioli Hello, my friend! To be more specific, Retroarch/Mupen64Plus-Next is what I use for N64 on Series X, but Series S is as good for emulation because the CPU is basically the same. You can only use home-made apps in developer mode, but you can switch between developer and retail mode as much as you want. If you are interested, you can find more information about it elsewhere and how to set up a developer account on Microsoft's website. I barely play on PC or mobile.

Banjo-

Pastellioli

I got to mission seven in Perfect Dark Zero and oh my gosh the cutscenes alongside the characters are making me giggle so much. It’s still a good game so far and I love the gameplay, but holy ravioli, the tone and the opening cutscene for mission seven KILLED me…it’s so campy, the voice acting and characters are cheesy, and Joanna looks and dresses like a main character in a 2000s Disney Channel show, but I say that all in a good way that actually makes the experience more entertaining alongside the gunplay. Some people did take issue with it since it doesn’t make the game feel or look like the original Perfect Dark, but it honestly it makes the game more hilarious and even enhances the experience for me instead of making me disappointed it isn’t like its predecessor tone-wise. The difficulty is racking up a bit, but I’m working through it. I really cannot wait to write about this game in a few days…

Edited on by Pastellioli

Yousef-

Pastellioli wrote:

I got to mission seven in Perfect Dark Zero and oh my gosh the cutscenes alongside the characters are making me giggle so much. It’s still a good game so far and I love the gameplay, but holy ravioli, the tone and the opening cutscene for mission seven KILLED me…it’s so campy, the voice acting and characters are cheesy, and Joanna looks and dresses like a main character in a 2000s Disney Channel show, but I say that all in a good way that actually makes the experience more entertaining alongside the gunplay.

I know freakin’ right?! It’s one of the best aspects about the game. When I was trying out melee controls and realized the main girl puts such insane emphasis on her nail polish… I knew EXACTLY I was gonna love this.

Banjo-

Next time, she will be wearing that thick jacket covering her whole neck, no make-up, short hair and have surgery to make her eyes small and her head square and masculine. 😅

Banjo-

Yousef-

Banjo- wrote:

Next time, she will be wearing that thick jacket covering her whole neck, no make-up, short hair and have surgery to make her eyes small and her head square and masculine. 😅

Clearly going through her emo phase.

Banjo-

To make it clear, I was referring to the Perfect Dark 3 trailer. What I liked about it was that it revealed gadgets, infiltration scenes and the music is very Perfect Dark. It's being built on Unreal Engine 5 and it's looking good, even though Joanna is not Joanna.

Banjo-

Yousef-

Banjo- wrote:

To make it clear, I was referring to the Perfect Dark 3 trailer. What I liked about it was that it revealed gadgets, infiltration scenes and the music is very Perfect Dark. It's being built on Unreal Engine 5 and it's looking good, even though Joanna is not Joanna.

Don’t worry, I gotchu the first time.

Pastellioli

@Yousef- When the cowboy dudes came out of nowhere with their sci-fi guns and getting into a gunfight with Joanna, who looked like she came out of a Disney Channel show, I literally just started to burst out laughing and going “This isn’t Perfect Dark but I love it!”, especially when I checked the description for that part of mission seven and there was literally nothing on there. It’s so cheesy and insane, but it definitely seems like a Rare thing to put lots of humor and random moments in their games that go unexplained, and I love it. It’s my type of humor really! Joanna’s clothing choices in Zero are so fashionable and scream 2000s teen fashion, so when you give her a gun and have her go against two cowboy guys (who seemingly came out of nowhere) in a futuristic institution, it comes off as so hilarious because of how unfitting and random the situation is, paired with the ridiculousness of the cowboys.

@Banjo- Was there this discussion that had to do with how Joanna looked in the reboot? I didn’t pay attention to it much or think about it a ton since it didn’t bother me, but I’m just asking out of curiosity.

Edited on by Pastellioli

Yousef-

@Pastellioli wholeheartedly agree. That really cemented her as a Rare icon. Including as many Rare-isms as possible can result in hilarity!

Banjo-

@Pastellioli @Yousef- Yes, that's it. It's absurd, but I'm happy to see the fitting gameplay and music. I enjoyed Perfect Dark Zero more than the original, mostly because of the gameplay improvements.

Banjo-

Pastellioli

@Banjo- I am getting sort of lost with the bigger levels in Zero, but one way they combat that is by placing these tracker marks that you can follow to find where to go next if you are stuck…It’s super helpful, and I’m having a good time so far! Gameplay wise it’s an improvement on the original. I’m on mission 11 if I recall, so I think I’m almost done with the game. I’m going to see if I can finish it today.

Edited on by Pastellioli

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic