Forums

Topic: Last Game You Beat

Posts 661 to 664 of 664

Pastellioli

Just finished Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge today! I had started the game a year ago and played with my siblings, but we ultimately didn’t finish it, and I also didn’t have a Game Pass sub to play it as I would always keep canceling it. After I got my Game Pass Core sub for online play, I picked up the game again and played with @Banjo- alongside a few other random people online (had a really fun time playing with everyone and it was such fun after having not played online games in a while) though I finished the rest of the game by myself since I had to disconnect from the party for a while.

There was a lot of familiarity with Shredder’s Revenge, as I have played other similar and fun beat em’ up games like Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game and Battletoads (which funnily enough, was heavily inspired by TMNT) and I enjoyed this one as well!

This game bursts with so much charm, personality, and humor with its characters and awesome pixel animations, which is something I absolutely love seeing in any kind of game. In fact, all the characters, including the minor enemies you fight against, show a lot of personality with how they are animated. The fighting mechanics are great, and the pizza power ups were my absolute favorite things to use when I was surrounded by enemies. I really just love the feeling of the game, and I am a bit sad I finished it.

I don’t have any criticisms of the game really besides the fact that it’s a bit too short, but I would say it’s a short but sweet experience. I would recommend giving it a try if you really like best em’ ups a lot. But, I’d strongly suggest getting one or more to play or playing with others online, because the game is really hard to play alone, especially the levels near the end since that’s when the difficulty and number of enemies ramps up. I really think this is one of the best beat em’ ups I’ve ever played. I kinda wanna watch more TMNT-related media now…

[Edited by Pastellioli]

A run-of-the-mill gamer that loves retro games, squirrels, and sleeping.

Current obsession: Conker’s Bad Fur Day

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss

Xbox Gamertag: VividSkies1778

Banjo-

Beat 'em up is not one of my favourite genres, but I love Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge. I beat it when it joined Game Pass on my own, but I had much more fun playing with @Pastellioli 🙌 and other random players. I also can't find any flaws because everything in this game is so nicely done, from gameplay to graphics and sound, but also the design and animation of every character and enemy. I liked it way more than Streets of Rage 4 and even more than the hilarious Battletoads (2020). Tribute Games has made the finest modern beat 'em up. A new classic.

Banjo-

oliverp

@Banjo- Oh cool that you managed beat Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 . I think if I remember correctly that I manged to beat it like a year ago myself. While I have not played the latest COD entries I do feel like they are in general a very underappreciated singel player gaming *experiences . I mean almost everyone I know like the multiplayer but are not that much into the singel player part. I have not least found it cool to explore the higher difficulty settings because I like found that it can be a like a good way to challenge yourself and like force your self out of your comfort zone so to speak. Becuse if do not play on the higher difficulty settings it like does not feel like you are forced to much interesting stuff. It feels like it almost play itself then hehe which makes it less fun imo.

*Which I btw feel is true for many FPS these days hehe. People like have almost forgot them in some sense it feels like.

[Edited by oliverp]

oliverp

Banjo-

@oliverp It was Call of Duty Modern Warfare III and I enjoyed the campaign in spite of not being well received by many people. I'll play more as they join Game Pass. I agree, I think that many times exploring the higher difficulty levels makes the most of the gaming experience. Playing in the easiest modes and rushing the story leaves players underwhelmed, not experiencing games as they should, not being immersed and not really appreciating anything as they could.

Banjo-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic